To celebrate its 100th birthday, the National Park Service will offer free admission to all national parks from August 25 – 28. Many parks will feature special activities and ranger-led walks. Visitors are encouraged to share pictures with hashtags #NPS100 and #FindYourPark.
An astronaut — Jeff Williams — shares this unusual view of the Olympic Mountains and Puget Sound from space:
Which are your favorite parks to explore? What do you like to do in our national parks?
For more information
- National Park Service’s webpage on the centennial celebration
- News Tribune’s article: “100 ways to celebrate NPS centennial in Washington“
- Seattle Times’ article: “National parks celebrate with lantern tour, free entry days, birthday festivities“
- Mount Rainier National Park’s website
- Olympic National Park’s website